As part of our commitment to support our community through these difficult times, Bledlow-cum-Saunderton Parish Council is working with local schools to ensure that any child who has Covid symptoms or who cannot come into school because they have to self-isolate, has access to a Laptop suitable for remote learning.
The Council has already given Bledlow Ridge School a grant to purchase Chromebooks, and has launched an appeal locally for old and unused laptops. These laptops will be re-purposed and passed on to local schools.
Parish Council Chair, Stephen Reading, seen here presenting one of the re-purposed laptops to children from Bledlow Ridge School, said :-
‘Local Schools have told us they have a problem making sure all their pupils, however disadvantaged, can learn from home. With many parents already working at home and perhaps other children also self-isolating, there often are not enough screens to go around.
Laptops for kids helps, but we need more, so if you get a new laptop for Christmas, please give us the old one, we’ll wipe it and put it to good use.’
If you think you can help please call the Bledlow Cum Saunderton Village Support Group on 0300 033 1783 or email email@example.com
- Donated laptops are securely wiped (using software developed to US Department of Defence standards) and loaded with the Linux Mint operating system.
- Donated laptops are physically sanitised.
- Collection and handover is ‘contactless’
- Ideally donated laptops will have a working camera, microphone and be wifi enabled, however these aren’t essential as Webcam’s etc can be purchased by the Parish Council where needed.
- ‘Windows’ machines preferred but we will accept Macs as well, but not desk tops.
Parish Clerk on 07843 975 097 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Village Support Group on 0300 033 1783 or email email@example.com