Bledlow-cum-Saunderton Parish Council has a vacancy for the position of Parish Clerk.
This is an interesting and varied role supporting the work of the Parish Council and the Ward Councillors who represent the residents of Bledlow, Bledlow Ridge, Saunderton and the surrounding area.
This is a part time position (40 hours per month) with an annual salary of £5500 – £6000 depending on experience.
Normally working from home (hours of work to be agreed) , the ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the local community and relevant previous experience in an administrative and/or book keeping role.
The Clerk’s duties include :-
- Administration of Council meetings , including venue booking and the preparation of agendas, supporting papers and meeting minutes. The Parish Council meets in the evening, normally on the 1st Thursday of the month.
- Day to day management of the Parish Council’s budget including the prompt payment of suppliers and maintenance of the Parish Council’s bank accounts.
- Liaising on behalf of the Parish Council with other Local Authorities, including Wycombe District Council and the future Unitary Authority, agencies including Transport for Buckinghamshire and suppliers of services procured by the Parish Council under it’s Devolved Services agreement .
- Acting as first point of contact for Councillors and Residents
- Maintaining the Parish Council Website and Social Media presence.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual accounts, and liaison with the council’s auditors
The role requires the successful candidate to have internet access. A Laptop PC will be provided.
If you would like to know more, please contact:
Stephen Reading , Parish Council Chair (email email@example.com Mobile: 07917 244185)
or visit the Parish Council Website http://www.bledlow-cum-saundertonparishcouncil.org.uk/
Closing date for applications Friday 26th April